Broken Toe, Doc or no Doc

maplelime

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Winter in Alberta
I slammed my foot into the door jamb this morning, I'm pretty sure I broke my little piggy, its swollen and turning blue. With no diabetes there isn't anything a doctor can do, so with type two is it the same, do I need to just keep my eye on it? thanks

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I slammed my foot into the door jamb this morning, I'm pretty sure I broke my little piggy, its swollen and turning blue. With no diabetes there isn't anything a doctor can do, so with type two is it the same, do I need to just keep my eye on it? thanks
Think I might be temped to make an appointment. Why not ring NHS direct then the doc can decide!

Reactions: 2 people

maplelime

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Winter in Alberta
Think I might be temped to make an appointment. Why not ring NHS direct then the doc can decide!
Thanks
I'm in Canada but I can contact one here, I too have lost 18lbs so far, keep it up.

nah, its just a pinky, :) you got 9 more toes, dont be greedy
Ha ha ha Love it....thanks (didn't want to go see a doc anyway, its too cold to leave the house )

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Thanks
I'm in Canada but I can contact one here, I too have lost 18lbs so far, keep it up.

Ha ha ha Love it....thanks (didn't want to go see a doc anyway, its too cold to leave the house )
Doh! Sorry! image.jpg

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor you. A broken toe is agony, and takes far longer to heal than you'd think.

I recently broke my big toe and did go to A&E. They said I was right to go, but only because it was my big toe: for any other toe, the doctor said stay at home, do the Rest, Ice, Elevate routine, take painkillers (preferably ibuprofen) and keep an eye on it. Expect to be able to wiggle it a bit after two weeks and to be more or less OK after six to eight. If the swelling or bruising get worse instead of better or if the toe starts to ooze or smell, go straight to the doctor. Expect it to heal more slowly than average, especially if your BG is high.

Kate

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
Try and strap it to the next toe that will give it some support.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sounds very painful, I would definitely have it looked at by a Dr, with having diabetes we do have to be very careful with our feet.