Bruised toenail

Julie.reid1906

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys, I was at a gig last Thursday and someone stood on my toe. It's been really sore and today I've noticed a bruise under the nail. Normally I wouldn't worry but as I'm diabetic do you think I should get it looked at?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys, I was at a gig last Thursday and someone stood on my toe. It's been really sore and today I've noticed a bruise under the nail. Normally I wouldn't worry but as I'm diabetic do you think I should get it looked at?
It's a better idea than not getting it looked at. It could be slow to heal and need watching.

Scardoc

I thought I had a fungal infection around 8 yrs ago but the chiropodist told me it was dried blood under the nail and I must have knocked it somehow. He cut it back cleaned it out and to this day it has never recovered!! I think running irritates it and I never heal quick being diabetic.

I'd only worry about it if it doesn't heal.

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I also have a bruised toe nail. Which i have not knocked or taken any damage on what so ever . So I presented this to my doctor. Who poked my toes then proceeded to raise his eyebrows and shrug his shoulders. Hope you have better luck than me lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ive had a black toenail since running a marathon, today it looked like it was hanging off so i cut it off down to the nailbed i was most surprised to find a new nail had fully grown underneath, sorry this doesnt add to the thread lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Hi, not sure if this adds to thread also but, last September walking in Switzerland got a bad bruised toenail. At this time it is still growing out but looks okay and seems to improving all the time.

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Andy12345 your comment very nearly did add to the thread as I was feeling sick reading it lol :)

And they keep trying to tell me that exercise is good for me ;)

Reactions: 2 people

chris_h

Dislikes
Rap, grung and annoying people.
I've got a black mark under my big toenail it's been there for month, yesterday it seemed to get bigger and more red and looked as if it was bleeding, then this morning it has gone back to the size it's always been, not sure what to do as it seems trivial to go to the Dr's about, it doesn't hurt but the side of the toe sometimes goes red, doesn't burn but feels numb. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 10 years ago now they are saying I have LADA diabetes not sure what that is and have gone onto three injections a day, was wondering if that might be the cause of toe?!