Bruising(not injecting)

hornplayer

Stubbed my toe last night. Today the side of my toe is red and purple. I've never had a bruise manifest so quickly or obviously before. ( well, ok, so that time I broke my foot was pretty impressive, but even that took a couple of days to get going properly. ) Don't get me wrong, I get the painful/sore spot, but not usually the colour. ( - cept on my face,- boyfriend pecked a tiny kiss on my forehead once and I ended up with a bruise that looked like a bindi! )

- sorry, I digress! I haven't seen a foot person yet but I don't have any numb patches on my feet. So I'm not really worried.

Could there be something about the Metformin that is making me bruise more colourfully? I'm also taking an iron supplement for the first time in my life.

Sorry if this sounds a bit daft. - I have whole days when I just don't do logic or comman sense. - that's why I'm a musician and an artist, not a scientist! :)

123natasha123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I bruise very easily to the point I had no idea how I had got them. My consultant said it was most likely as my sugars a high I was just being a bit extra clumsey. But I did have blood works checked to be on the safe side. Might just be one of those things :)

LancsCarol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Regular housework has to top the list, with nasty manipulative bullies coming a very close second - or maybe they are at the top....
Oh - and computers
Type 1 immunity can be reflected in other immunity problems, such as ITP - when you are immune to your platelets in your blood, your antibodies eat your platelets, and so you bruise easily.
Get your GP to check your platelet count.
Mine was disastrously low until I stopped taking brufen/ibuprofen, and moved away from the power line near my old house.
Dunno if it was the pills or the animal magnetism, but it stopped being a problem.
Or maybe the antibodies got bored and decided to move on to my pancreatic islet cells. Who knows. :?

hornplayer

Wow, had a blood test yesterday. Today the bruise on the inside of my elbow is almost 2inches across, green, red and purple. Very pretty. Not had this happen before. Even my fingers are starting to bruise from my blood tests. Odd, I think. First visit to DN next week. Might mention it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
When you said "boyfriend planted a tiny kiss on your forehead" did you mean Glasgow Kiss?

Seriously, I bruise all the time now. Quite often little knocks, other times nothing at all. I bruise quite often, but not always when injecting (in my stomach) even if it doesn't hurt. I'm not anaemic but take warfarin to thin my blood, so this may be partly to blame. It's something that I sadly have to put up with. I got scratched 18 months ago when walking my dog in the countryside. It still has not healed. Scratches, nicks in general I recommend oriental balm. You can get it for a quid.

Good luck

Mart