BS readings

stuartclose

I am a type 2, on Byetta 10mg, 2 x 2 gliclazide and 2 x 2 metformin daily.

My question is:

At 8.30 yesterday morning my BS was 4.9, after a 1/2 walk and 2 slices of brown toast it was 15 - my body just does not seem to tolerate heat, at tea time it was down to 7.5.

I have been told that I shall need to go onto insulin in September as my Hbaic was 8 in February.

Pauline

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
The toast will not have helped your BG levels......they will have put them up.... not just the heat.

Might be an idea to look at your diet, what sort of foods you are eating Pauline. I presume you were given our advice at some point and had a good read of it ?

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
stuartclose said:
I am a type 2, on Byetta 10mg, 2 x 2 gliclazide and 2 x 2 metformin daily.

My question is:

At 8.30 yesterday morning my BS was 4.9, after a 1/2 walk and 2 slices of brown toast it was 15 - my body just does not seem to tolerate heat, at tea time it was down to 7.5.

I have been told that I shall need to go onto insulin in September as my Hbaic was 8 in February.

Pauline

Did you walk before or after your toast?
If before you probably got low and liver dumped which wouldn't help. Walking after would help to lower the levels.
I couldn't handle 2 slices of regular brown toast. 2 slices of Burgen bread on a good day.
Regards
Angie

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Pauline :)
Just in case you haven't seen the basic information somewhere on the forum, and I don't think it existed when you joined, here is the link to it:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088#p155405

stuartclose

Hi Angie

I always have my breakfast before I walk.

Thanks for all your helpful replies, I used to get hypos after breakfast toast but don't anymore, I walk every day with my corgi so keep fit.

Pauline