Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hi all, thanks for your patience whilst we got the new forum up and running.

Please use this thread to post any bugs or glitches you may find and we'll address them ASAP.

Cheers!:D

Reactions: 7 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there no way of seeing which threads we have posted on like the little gold blob before?
CAROL

Reactions: 2 people

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What I wanted was when I go to recent posts I can see which ones I have already posted on Any chance?

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
What I wanted was when I go to recent posts I can see which ones I have already posted on Any chance?
Ah right - basically, your avatar will appear next to threads you've posted on (or ones that you started). Unfortunately, right now there's no way for us to make them appear next to posts that were around on the old forum, but if we discover a way to do this we'll put that in right away.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not a bug but are you able to make the spell checker UK English? These are all apparently misspelt ;colour, synthesise , fibre , catalogue, anaemia .

Reactions: 8 people

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah right - basically, your avatar will appear next to threads you've posted on (or ones that you started). Unfortunately, right now there's no way for us to make them appear next to posts that were around on the old forum, but if we discover a way to do this we'll put that in right away.

I also would like the newest posts to all appear on New Posts list. I always concentrate on thislist and then do the word games whilst browsing whatever else is interesting. But this evening the Three Story Word Game and others haven't gone up on New Posts when I contributed.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Not a bug but are you able to make the spell checker UK English? These are all apparently misspelt ;colour, synthesise , fibre , catalogue, anaemia .
I'll look in to it :)

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unfortunately lots of Forums like this seem to have the US spellcheck (It annoys me too)

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
It looks to me like the spell check is integrated in your browser rather than the forum. You may need to change your browser's spell check settings to UK English.

@janewatt I'm looking in to the New Posts feature now :)

Edit: New posts is now listed under RECENT POSTS and can be found here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/find-new/310/posts

Last edited by a moderator:

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is the app been updated yet, can log in on phone, through google browser, but if I try using the app it didn't load. Have tried reinstalling it but still nothing.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Is the app been updated yet, can log in on phone, through google browser, but if I try using the app it didn't load. Have tried reinstalling it but still nothing.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Unfortunately not - we're waiting for the app to finish rebuilding, and then it'll need to be approved by Apple/Google. It'll most likely be tomorrow or Monday that the app is back online. In the mean time, you can just use the browser version since that's now mobile friendly. Sorry buddy!

Janiept

Expert
I am not receiving notification to threads I have previously followed and can't find a way to do it on the new forum. Help.....

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I am not receiving notification to threads I have previously followed and can't find a way to do it on the new forum. Help.....
Unfortunately you will have lost your list of followed threads. The new way to follow a thread is to click the 'Watch Thread' button at the top right of the original post.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Hi Giverny, are we only able to send an image via PM by using the attachment option.
I tried posting an image via PM a few moments ago, but only the image "code", is visible, not the actual image.

btw, The new Forum appears to load much faster so far.......absolutely brilliant. :)

Thank you.

willie.

Janiept

Expert
Ok got it. Thanks Giverny. I will probably be back asking hundreds more questions. We oldies find it harder to adapt you know lol

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hi Giverny, are we only able to send an image via PM by using the attachment option.
I tried posting an image via PM a few moments ago, but only the image "code", is visible, not the actual image.

btw, The new Forum appears to load much faster so far.......absolutely brilliant. :)

Thank you.

willie.
Are you sure the image link was valid? I'm not able to reproduce this issue :(

Ok got it. Thanks Giverny. I will probably be back asking hundreds more questions. We oldies find it harder to adapt you know lol
Not a problem! Don't worry about asking too many questions, I'm here to help... even if it is a Saturday night :cat:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
That was a quick reply, Giverny, thank you.

Yes, code was direct from Photobucket, though on saying that, PB is a right pain in the buttocks since they changed their format....soooooo frustrating, and sloooow.
And I've a premium a/c with into the bargain. I'm almost ready to cancel the account and find another host site. Honestly, sooo annoying.

Anyway, I'll check again. lol

I can see you're gonna be a busy lady for a while...poor you. :(

But we all really do appreciate your hard work. :)

willie.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
That was a quick reply, Giverny, thank you.

Yes, code was direct from Photobucket, though on saying that, PB is a right pain in the buttocks since they changed their format....soooooo frustrating, and sloooow.
And I've a premium a/c with into the bargain. I'm almost ready to cancel the account and find another host site. Honestly, sooo annoying.

Anyway, I'll check again. lol

I can see you're gonna be a busy lady for a while...poor you. :(

But we all really do appreciate your hard work. :)

willie.
Personally, I recommend Imgur as an image upload site since it's really fast and reliable. I tend to find Photobucket pretty slow at the best of times.

Reactions: 3 people