bullosis diabeticorum?

mrsknitty

For the past few years in the summer I have noticed these small blisters developing on my feet and toes. I didn't know what they were (they weren't because my shoes had rubbed) and I am scared of doctors and they didn't really bother me so I didn't go to the doctor about them.

Last year I did mention them to the doctor but she said it looked fungal but I knew it wasn't as I have had atheletes foot before and it was very different from that. I wondered if it was impetigo but it was wierd that it was fairly localised.

It has been a bit worse over the last few months and also co-incided with me having hot feet in the evenings. As I posted the other day I have been a bit in denial recently and last Saturday I started to sort myself out again. My feet are noticably less hot now and I also noticed that the blisters had improved. I have actually made an appointment to see the doctor on Monday about it but it was starting to seem better and so I wondered if I should cancel the appointment.

I just decided to have a google and some the photos of bullosis diabeticorum are obviously very advanced and quite distressing to look at and mine aren't like that, but the descriptions and photos of the blisters are EXACTLY like what I have experienced.

But my levels are only pre diabetic so it completely freaks me out to think that I would get this at this stage?

I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or has also experienced this? Could it be unconnected? Obviously I need to get sorted anyway with lifestyle changes and making sure my blood sugars are as low as can be, but I am still freaked out to think this could be connected?

Very grateful for any help or advice xxx
Wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

Mileana

I have a condition called Epidermolysis Bullosa, it looks somewhat the same. My condition is however heridatory and I've had this (very very mild, but still annoying) thing since I was a kid.

I would not just use google for diagnosis, but ask your GP for a referal to a dermatologist - they will be able to tell one from the other, I'm sure, and also suggest what you can do about it. Whatever it is, knowing for sure and having some treatment suggestions would probably feel better than being in the dark.

Good luck.

(For me, generally, it is about keeping my feet dry, stop if I get any burning sensation and then change shoes and socks to move the pressure from those particular spots. Mine is worse in humid weather, while in winter, I hardly notice it at all. Yours may well be entirely different if it's not the same thing - I blister extremely easily when walking and sometimes can get blisters on my fingers for holding a pen more than 30 minutes - exams have been great fun sometimes, lol.)

PS. Stupid conditions never want to show up when you 'need them' to show to your GP. That's why you get the good old camera out and take a few snapshots when it peaks. :)

mrsknitty

Hi Mileana and thanks for the reply!! Really appreciate it and yes you are so right about not self diagnosing, oh so tempting though!!! :lol:

Am seeing the doctor tomorrow so will let you know what she says.

Thanks again :thumbup: xxx

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I don't have either problem folks, but I do have brittle skin on my feet. It makes shoes and socks difficult to wear. I'm only REALLY comfortable in Fly Flot mules.Which are MAGIC!!!!!
If I do need socks, I now buy silk Toe socks rom TOETOE online. Not cheap [actually fairly pricey,], but it works for me. I just wish they made other colours than black. They do wool and cotton and a few synthetic socks too. I like their wool walking socks. They go well with my hiking boots and the cotton ones , which are almost as bulky, go into winter shoes.
Have a look at the website.
I'm not associated with this company, but they do solve my foot problems.
Hana

mrsknitty

thanks Hana. I will have a look at those. I tend to wear Birkenstocks which I find very comfortable.

Well I went to the doctor this morning and it turns out to be pompholyx exzema. I feel embarrassed for freaking out and imaging the worst :oops: :oops: :oops: anyway no treatment as such but such a relief to know what it is.

The doctor was really nice and we talked about my blood sugars as well and she was very supportive.

Thanks for the support and sorry for having a bit of a freak out about everything. xxx