bureaucracy gone mad

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
I have been waiting nearly 2 months for my referal for the retinopathy test . I was told that it was delayed because the lady who make the phone call was on leave . Not sure personally why it has to be a certain lady or why on of the useless receptionists couldnt do it ? Maybe thats her job? Any way I get a letter through last week saying that I have now been refered and I need to ring uo and make an appointment and there is a list on the back of the letter saying where the facilities are . Now I live in a rural area so it is a large catchment which means for some referals I may need to travel upto 35 miles. So imagin my astonishment when I see that my nearest center for the test is my own drs sergery and the second closest being over 20 miles away . So that means I had to wait 2 months for someone from my sergery to ring someone else at a centeral booking hub so I could then ring the centeral booking hub to arrange an appointment at which point they ring my drs to make the appointment (probably the same woman whos been off for 2 months or maybe just one of the useless receptionist) does this seem an efficient way of doing things . My dn didnt even tell me my own drs sergery did the testing. I just gobsmacked

punto53

I have had same I had an appointment sent to me it was for august 27th I rang to cancel as I was away on holiday they asked me when would I be back so I told her and I'm still waiting for an appointment to be sent to me. So how long do we wait

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
punto53 said:
I have had same I had an appointment sent to me it was for august 27th I rang to cancel as I was away on holiday they asked me when would I be back so I told her and I'm still waiting for an appointment to be sent to me. So how long do we wait

It could be a long wait sadly*sigh*
I was due one in April this year-couldn't attend due to a family crisis and when I asked for a new appointment the earliest they would give me was january 2014 :(

punto53

That really is disgusting! The girl was quite curt and rude on phone but just thought it was Monday morning god I hope I won't have to wait a year for appointment