Burning pain in foot :(

kellyrae

Hi, I have horrible burning sensations in my right foot, it feels like my bones inside are on fire.
This has only been happening for the past week or so, had my anual foot check and theres no numbness and was classed of being low risk for circulation problems last week.....Its keeping me awake at night & is constant during the day :(
Is there anything I can do to help it, my hba1c is 6.5 and has bee 5.4 for the past two years so not much i can do to improve those? Any ideas or advice welcome, its driving me crazy :crazy:

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm type 2, but I have a similar issue. I was only diagnosed just under 3 months ago, and the foot burning started about 12 months before that. I've had my foot check and like you have full sensation, good circulation and classed as low risk.
However, despite what my DSN says, I'm certain that this burning sensation is some kind of nerve inflammation if not the beginnings of neuropathy. There are a few things that I have done that have helped, to the point where instead of the whole foot burning, it's now just mostly my second toe.
Firstly, I only wear shoes that are comfortable. Heels are out for now, and boots are in. I wear fluffy, light bedsocks all of the time (I bought several packs for a few quid off ebay) - even over my tights and under my boots! I've found the extra warmth prevents excessive burning and tingling... especially in bed.
The other thing I do is take an Alpha Lipoic Acid supplement. It's supposed to help repair damaged nerves. After a couple of weeks of taking it I noticed a huge difference.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
Please go see GP or your Diabetic Team, it sounds like a form of Neauropathy, but you need to be checked out, if you want to see the absolute 1 in a million worst case, read my post Terminal and Scared, this is very very rare, but a good reason to be SURE,

Get it checked Stay Safe,

Best Regards.

Sally.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
being new to diabeties. i have been diagnosed with pre diabeties. so to me i do not have but want o find out more. |I too get a burning sensation on and off in my big right tow. but this is partially from a bunion.. it is as if someone is putting a hot knife into it. /////I can sometimes get it in my nad on a old injury. i think it is artritis and i take cod liver oil which helps ..when i rememnber to take it constantly.