busy mums with t1

weeezer

hi

fairly new to this forum...i think it is FABULOUS and am addicted to reading everyone's experiences of this condition. i've been t1 since 2000, and know hardly anyone with it, i lived in swindon at time of diagnoses and my DSN was fab, she set up a support group & we would meet for a chat & a drink every once in a while and it was great to talk about diabetic 'stuff'. there is nothing like that where i live now (weston-super-mare), feels quite lonely not being able to connect.

anyway, wanted to say hi & ask anyone with t1 who has kids, how often does your diabetes take a back seat coz life's so bloomin hectic? i have a 9 yr old boy & 2 yr old girl...both times my pregnancy control was amazing (both pregnancies gained 5 stone aswell but that's another story...!) but then life resumes with more hecticness than before and after a year of adjustment & close monitoring to get back to 'normal'( :lol: ) i have noticed my diabetes has once again lapsed into the backseat.

how does it affect your life, mums? what are your experiences of t1 with a busy family life?

weezer x

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
anything that is good for you
Hi saw your post and thought i would reply just to let you know that you are not alone.I am also a busy mum with type 1.I have 4 children and when I was diagnosed almost 4 years ago they were all in primary school and my youngest was only a baby in a pram.I found life impossible at first and panicked about losing my sight or legs and even going in to a coma.of course none of these things happened and as my children have grown they remind me to test before meals and make sure that i have glucose when we go out.I'm no expert but with the support of my family and my partner diabietes is not seen as an illness anymore its just partof our lives

kacie

World Diabetes Day is the primary global awareness campaigno the diabetes community. It takes place every year on 14November. The date marks the birthday o Frederick Banting,who, along with Charles Best, is credited with the discovery o insulin.