BUTTERBEANS

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I quite like butterbeans so I've just looked up their carb value and it says 1oz = 4g carbs

I was just watching Come Dine With Me and someone made a fairly thick puree from butterbeans and cream and it looked like mashed potatoes, so I searched for recipes online and came up with this - I suppose you could add cream to it if you left the lemon juice out? What dya think?

Serves 6

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice OR double cream
1 15-oz can white beans, drained
¼ cup roasted red peppers, finely diced

Defren

<shudder> Sorry Grace, butterbeans and broccoli are the only two veg I loathe, so can't help I'm afraid.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
lucylocket61 said:
I dont know GraceK

can I come round and try it to see???? :lol:

Hee hee ... just had a lamb chop! So I'll make the butterbean cream mash tomorrow. :wink:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Defren said:
GraceK said:
lucylocket61 said:
I dont know GraceK

can I come round and try it to see???? :lol:

Hee hee ... just had a lamb chop! So I'll make the butterbean cream mash tomorrow. :wink:

Bleugh... I'm not coming for dinner tomorrow. :lol:

Whaddayamean 'Bleugh' ... butterbeans is goooooooooooood for ya! I love Sainsabury's butterbean and red pepper salad from the salad bar. Oooooooh it's deeeeeeeeelish! :D

Defren

GraceK said:
Defren said:
Bleugh... I'm not coming for dinner tomorrow. :lol:

Whaddayamean 'Bleugh' ... butterbeans is goooooooooooood for ya! I love Sainsabury's butterbean and red pepper salad from the salad bar. Oooooooh it's deeeeeeeeelish! :D

Your welcome to 'em. I will get the ones from my Sainsbury's and mail those too. Actually, it's funny you know. Pre diagnosis I used to always buy from Sainsbury's salad bar, I never do now.

Butterbeans :sick: