buying off ebay....

Clairslloyd

Hi everyone. Have just boughts some strips and lancets off ebay and am a bit worried now. Has anyone had any problems with buying from places like America??? Just want to put my mind at ease. Thanks all :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Clairslloyd, Ive bought stuff off ebay for years and from all over the world, if there are any problems ie with not receiving goods just open a dispute and although it will take a couple of weeks they will always find in favour of the buyer.

Things to bare in mind though are:
Always check sellers feedback, if they are ripping people off you will see loads and loads of negative feedback, dont buy from sellers like this.
If buying from abroad make sure that what you are buying is suitable for use in the UK.
When buying from abroad certain goods may be subject import duty and VAT usually only applicable on goods valued at more than around £22 I believe but check on the Customs and Excise/Inland Revenue web site to be sure. If duty and VAT are due the Royal Mail or other courier service will collect the payment on delivery or collection.

Good luck :D

jaykay

Bought from e-bay for years. I buy all my beads for my jewellery making from USA and China. The only thing I would say is keep an eye on the postage. That's where some of the sellers make their money!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Claire,

Also check the test strip box for signs of a dispensing label having been removed, there has been cases where people who have been prescribed test strips then sell them on ebay which is dishonest and disgraceful to say the least.

Nigel

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
As UK use mmol/L and US use mg/dg does anyone know if the strips from the US are compatable with a UK meter that is set on mmol/L ? Not sure whether the meters and the strips are type specific.

If I buy off Ebay I always use UK addresses.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
sugarless sue said:
As UK use mmol/L and US use mg/dg does anyone know if the strips from the US are compatable with a UK meter that is set on mmol/L ? Not sure whether the meters and the strips are type specific.

If I buy off Ebay I always use UK addresses.

Good question but no idea as to the answer! :?

Nigel