byeta

antony1

I have been waiting over three weeks for to start Byeta,the Hospital have said they would contact me but I am still waiting the drug has been in my fridge for three weeks. Has anyone had
similar experience ?

candy1567

Hi Antony1

Cant say that i have, when i started Byetta back in Jan 09 i had meeting with hospital and we discussed all the options and then both decided that i would give Byetta a try.

I got a prescription there and then, and was told to start taking it the next morning, and to go back and see them a month later but to ring if any probs.

BTW there is another thread "anyone use Byetta" which give loads of hints, tips and a general overview of Byetta. It makes for good reading

Juliexx

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Antony,

The Byetta will be fine as long as it stays refrigerated, but a 3 week delay in getting you started is not acceptable. Get on to them and find out what the problem is.

crawford

HI ALL- i HAVE BEEN ON BYETTA FOR6 MONTHS NOW- AND HAVE LOST 2 STONE PLUS. bUT THE WEIGHTLOSS HAS STOPPED. i DON'T GET SOOOOOO SICK WITH IT NOW AND FIND THAT I AM EATING MORE. i AM CONTINUING TO EXCERCISE THE SAME. oNE THING i DID DO WAS TO INJECT JUST BEFORE MY MEAL- DO YOU THINK IF i INJECTED SAY, 30MINS BEFORE THAT THIS WOULD HELP- i KNOW THE FEELING OF SICK WOULD PROBABLY OCCUR AGAIN.aLSO- I FEEL I HAVE GOT A DIFFERENT SENSE OF SMELL AND TASTE. I HAVE GONE OFF MEAT, COFFEE AND ALL SORTS OF OTHER FOODS. i WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP, THANK YOU

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi crawford.

That's great that you have lost the weight - just shows what a good thing Byetta is. Keep going with it unless you are at your ideal weight ?
As for the stall in weight loss this sometimes happens for a little while and can then kick back in again. May also be due to a change in things you are eating now ? You do say you are eating more ?

Injection times are an individual thing, I was told to inject and wait about half an hour before eating, others inject and eat straight away. I don't suffer any nausea at all and never have. It is not a foregone conclusion that you will feel sick because you change the time you inject - try it and see.

Byetta has a side effect that it suppresses the appetite as well so I am not surprised you have 'gone off things.' I never feel hungry at all and have to make a point of eating when I should. One of the side effects is that it can affect your taste buds - not heard about smell though ?

One other thing is if you do a search top right for Byetta you will get over a 1000 posts which may answer some of your questions - if not ask away.

Hope that helps.
Ken.

BTW. typing in caps is considered shouting ! :D