C-Sections

Shazzle80

Hey folks.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and after weighing up our options we feel its safest for our baby to deliver by c-section (my last pregnancy resulted in an emergency one due to 10lb 9oz baby).

I know this is silly but I'm really panicking about something going wrong. What are your thoughts? Anyone have any +ve stories/advice on risks etc?

Thank u so much in advance.

Sharon :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Shazzle80 said:
Hey folks.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and after weighing up our options we feel its safest for our baby to deliver by c-section (my last pregnancy resulted in an emergency one due to 10lb 9oz baby).

I know this is silly but I'm really panicking about something going wrong. What are your thoughts? Anyone have any +ve stories/advice on risks etc?

Thank u so much in advance.

Sharon :)

Hi Sharon

Congratulations on your pregnancy:) Wow that was a big baby, the biggest of my children was 6lb 4 ( non diabetic then).

I had an emergency C section, at 33 weeks,12 years ago, under full anaesthetic, so I didn't know anything at the time, I was very scared because of what was about to happen and this was my first operation at the age of nearly 43 :eek: so I'm an older mum as well. But both of us came through it, I made a full recovery and was home after 16 days with my beautiful baby.

I had fantastic care throughout. There are always risks with operations, but talk through everything that is concerning you with your midwife or hospital nurse/doctor.

It must be so exciting for you and I wish you a safe and happy delivery.

Take care RRB :)

gemma486

I have had 3 c sections 1 emergency with a 9lb 1 baby and 2 planned with 11lb14 and one 11lb10 all mine were positive they were all good in their own ways from things that happened I was home with my first baby 3 days, with my second it was 3 weeks because she was in scbu and 2.5 days with my 3rd

I honestly for my self it was safer to have c section if I was to have more ( which I can't ) I wold havea csection

Debsy22

Hiya I'm 37+4 and am having an elective c-sec on 28th may. I opted for elective due to the complications I had with my first born 2 years ago - resulted in a emergency c-sec with a 10lb 7oz little boy. I've had lots of growth scans this time and baby is measuring very big so I opted for elective for my own piece of mind. Good luck with it all :) x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App