C1 entitlement

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ok hey guys n gals.
Having T1 now for near on 24 years I would like to know something that is really bugging me.
I declared my condition to the DVLA 3 years ago (and please don't troll me with any PC correctness crapp about the fact I should have informed them along time ago....i have/had my reasons) and the feckers have stripped me of my C1 entitlement which I find really annoying.....reason being WHY?
So can anyone tell me why ive been stripped of this but yet I can still drive and ride?
Many thanks in advance :)

S

Shar67

The removal of C1 for people with insulin dependant diabetes and other medical conditions happened on 1st Jan 1998, you can apply to the dvla for an exception you will have to go for a medical assessment.

No trolling but if you had an accident and had not told dvla, you could have been prosecuted and insurance would have been void.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah thanks for the info but I know and hear what your saying but as I say why only remove C1 entitlement.
If we're a danger to other road users then why not revoke the licence completely.
Not that I want them too of course.

denbo

I'm on insulin and to get yr c1 u av to go through a few hurdles u av to av a medical with ya doc then u need c yr consultant then the DVLA will send u to c their independant consultant to look at 3 mths bs readings then the give u 1 yr if satisfied with all the results this as to happin every 12 mths this was bought in 2011 for hgv to drive on insulin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
again I have to say I am in knowledge of all this information guys BUT as I stated in my first post WHY??
For I drive and I can also ride a motorbike that can exceed over 200mph easily...within a few seconds... but I just cant understand that my C1 has been stripped....its fecken ridiculous BUT its also typical of the laws we have in this land.
They'll probably say if we take a hypo and collapse behind the wheel we could kill of hurt people in 7.5tonnes and over.....great!! must mean my car isn't a death trap either or my 1098cc Ducati!!
This country and its laws set out by the daft lefties of the land.
Cant wait me to turn my back on this shithile UK :)
Thanks for the info lads
no-one still has an answer but yet this site is the biggest in the UK too hahaha

S

Shar67

You would have to contact the DVLA and ask them, a lot of the onus regarding any illness is on the driver, most drivers will never use their C1 entitlement or if they have grandfather rights ride a motorcycle. If you have good control then passing a medical should be no problem. May they looked at it people could get out the way of a wayward car or bike but a truck or caravan etc is added length.
You could even argue that your allowed to have alcohol in your system and drive England decided 80mg is ok will other countries say 51mg and others 0.2 mg (zero). DVLA are very good at letting you know why the decide on one thing.