MagicFirefly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dangerous drivers
Marmite
My GP told me today that I have calcium in my rotary cuff in both shoulders, as opposed to just my right shoulder only a year ago.

It's very painful. It effects my ability to do simple things like getting dressed. It also effects my ability to do my job. And it's starting to get my down.

I knew it was going to come back, but it's been less than a year!

Anyone else had a similar problem with calcification and the reappearance of so quickly?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
The first time I had "frozen shoulder" I was about 28.
It has re appeared from time to time and I did have it in both shoulders at the same time about 15 years ago.
normally it is just physio that is offered as treatment but perhaps you could enquire about a steroid injection ?

MagicFirefly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dangerous drivers
Marmite
It was x-rayed.
I had it a year ago but just in my right shoulder. I had months of physio, and they did a procedure with ultra sound and local anaesthetic to break it up. They also injected hydrocortisone. Apparently there were 2 bits. They could only manage to break up one because the other was difficult to get to.

My GP mentioned a procedure in which they go in a scrape it out properly. I just worry about recovery time. My job is pretty full on and I really cant afford time off.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi magicfirefly
awwww !!
Really feel for you.
I thought mine have been bad but yours obviously loads more painful.
Are your employers sympathetic to taking some time off , as you are young and should recover pretty quickly.
Or perhaps a phased return to work ??

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had frozen shoulders.
Can't remember how many years ago.
First time is was my right shoulder, very painfull and so stiff, could not put my hand behind my back at all.
I had a general anaesthetic, injection in should and manipulation.
Lots of physio after.
Some years later, same with left arm.

Under general anesthetic they really pull your arm about, I remember the nurse telling me the cracking sounds were very loud.

I was at work and with bupa at that time. I think under the nhs I would not have been so lucky.

Sorry this probably has not helped you. But I do feel you pain.