calculating ideal body weight

iainmay

Hi again all,

I've got a couple of questions around working out ones ideal body weight. I am currently losing weight again at an astounding rate, I gave up the beer a week ago and its been falling off again (3.5 kilos in a week, and yes some of that is water due to the removal of alcohol).

I cannot remember exactly what my weight was as a fit late teenager, I would hazard a guess somewhere around the 14-16 stone mark but I can't be sure. Here are my vitals

height - 6'1"
wrist circumference - 8"
shoulder width - 22"
current weight - 122 kilo
electronic BF% - 37.5%
Calculated BMI - 35.7

Now as we all know, unless your Mr average BMI is woefully inaccurate, according to it I should be somewhere between 63.6 and 85.9 kilos. The bottom end would place me at 10 stone, which I know would make me anorexic if not already dead, the upper range is 13 1/2 stone which I still think is too low. Even the doc says that he would be treating me for an eating disorder if I followed BMI and advised me on around 15-16 stone as a target.

Does anyone know of another method for working this stuff out? As you can probably tell, I am a man fixated by the numbers and I want to get that hba1c down to 5 next time round!

Thanks

Iain