Calling all people with sensors! (pump)

Zebedee

Hi all ,can i ask if there are many of you with the new sensor/ pump? How are you getting on with it?
Do many of you get problems with it blocking? Its causing me to have probs with it raising my blood sugar levels through the roof! What needles are you finding are working the best for you?
I would be really grateful if you could reply.It would just be good to get some feedback on how you are all coping with this it can be quite frustrating as it has been affecting my sleep patterns.
Also how far are you having to travel to get support? Do you find the support is adequate for people like ourselves in this position?
Thankyou so much for reading my post
Look forward to hearing from anyone in the same position.I am new to this site and have lots of questions about the pump that seem to not be answered by anyone else??

davehunter

I had problems with the quicksets that go in at 90 degrees. I was using an inserter (i.e. an automated device thing that looks like an egg cup)

They look like this:

Quickset-270x270.gif

They would come out like this once I'd realised my sugar was shooting up:

1848910029_c9c7ed56d7.jpg

I then moved onto the ones that go in at about 35 degrees. I also do these manually as I can gauge the painful bits etc. This also makes me think that the cannula is much less likely to bend as its not being fired in.

They look like this:

MMDMMT317-318.jpg

Hope this helps?

Dave

jopar

Dave

Looks like when you were using the 90 degree angle you were hitting the muscel under the fat layer which can cause the canular to bend and/or buckle...

Mod note

I shall move this post into the Insulin Pump fourm, where it be easier to find for those using/or interested in pump therapy

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Zebedee said:
Do many of you get problems with it blocking? Its causing me to have probs with it raising my blood sugar levels through the roof! What needles are you finding are working the best for you?
Only on my first pump (AccuChek Spirit), I used to get "occlusion" warnings quite often. No problems at all since I changed to my current pump.

Also how far are you having to travel to get support? Do you find the support is adequate for people like ourselves in this position?
I live about a 10 minute bus ride from the hospital, and my NHS team always respond to emails and phone calls. But Medtronic themselves are next to useless IMO.

Look forward to hearing from anyone in the same position.I am new to this site and have lots of questions about the pump that seem to not be answered by anyone else??
Fire away! We're in a minority already, being on a pump!

davehunter said:
I then moved onto the ones that go in at about 35 degrees. I also do these manually as I can gauge the painful bits etc.
TOTALLY agree with this. I sometimes use CGM sensors that have a 23G needle which is even less fun, especially as you are strongly recommended to use the insertion device for these, so no chance to check for pain! :shock: