Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm with David Unwin in that it's all about hope. Many of us at diagnosis are put on 'the pathway' which means we are pretty much left to our own devices. As the gentleman has proved, give people hope, give them options and give support and a great number will respond well to it. I may not ever reach the dizzying heights of remission but I can hope.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr Taylor has done amazing work over the years to prove to his colleagues that remission is indeed possible and actually highly probable for many, especially those who have obvious chronic excess insulin production.

But where he falls short is the insistence on the low calorie approach and the deliberate effort to obscure the role ketosis has in all his patients success...you will see that the mainstream medical community will still defend the low calorie/low fat way as the only safe and "healthy" way to achieve remission...it is all about calories... it is not. It really is about reducing insulin levels to allow natural ketosis to do its work, without hunger or will power...or for some...even exercise...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm with David Unwin in that it's all about hope. Many of us at diagnosis are put on 'the pathway' which means we are pretty much left to our own devices. As the gentleman has proved, give people hope, give them options and give support and a great number will respond well to it. I may not ever reach the dizzying heights of remission but I can hope.

fully agree.

and i think my point WAS that we need to TELL people there IS another way.
pointless having a definition of success if we do NOT tell people HOW to go about it, imho.

Yes we should have hope..god knows at first DX we need it.

i'd just rather others were NOT Demotivated by the medical hierarchy, saying in essence

" YOUR NOT WORTH HELPING ",
so just take the MEDS and get as well as it's possible to get before we cut bits off...
(input furious emojj, for effect )

I'm OK, now, thanks to all the input i received here..my ayes are well and truly opened.

so it's not for me, i ask.it;'s for all the others who will follow and get asked/told/shouted at
DO NOT TEST :***: !!!

Happy to take the point that it's chipping away at that block of solid indifference when it comes to alternative treatments other then the EATWELL Plate.

Just seems we are arguing about the colour of the bunting for the parade of the rescued, when there are so many more to be saved.

But hey ho..i'm with you all..Onwards to ROME.:D

Reactions: zand and Guzzler

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Dr Taylor has done amazing work over the years to prove to his colleagues that remission is indeed possible and actually highly probable for many, especially those who have obvious chronic excess insulin production.

But where he falls short is the insistence on the low calorie approach and the deliberate effort to obscure the role ketosis has in all his patients success...you will see that the mainstream medical community will still defend the low calorie/low fat way as the only safe and "healthy" way to achieve remission...it is all about calories... it is not. It really is about reducing insulin levels to allow natural ketosis to do its work, without hunger or will power...or for some...even exercise...

Yes, anyone who thinks it's all about calories, doesn't understand the role of insulin. And as a result, will never look at insulin levels.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As for remission..does it really matter what it's called.
it's still diabetes until you can go to the supermarket and buy WHATEVER you like,
and eat bucket loads of it..just like before you were diabetic.

IF you can then it's called cured..

anything less, isn't that just well controlled.
admittedly Bl**dy well controlled, but still.

the joy of course, is less / fewer / no complications.
Excellent post, if I may say so sir.

I of course only touched into the basal official limit of Type 2 diabetes but remained in a state of Prediabetes for some considerable time. I now appear to be clear of Prediabetes levels but I am still having to tread carefully in the way you describe. I do not consider myself free of diabetes as if I am not careful it would be all to easy to burst through into T2 diabetic levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I now appear to be clear of Prediabetes levels but I am still having to tread carefully in the way you describe.
I do not consider myself free of diabetes as if I am not careful it would be all to easy to burst through into T2 diabetic levels.

And LONG may that continue.:)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, my cynical side wonders if it isn't a way of denying people the ongoing care and followup to ensure lack of complications. Another way of cost savings?
Totally agree. And it is quite amazing how pigeon holing can be applied for the wrong reasons in many spheres in the world of diabetes.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just seems we are arguing about the colour of the bunting for the parade of the rescued, when there are so many more to be saved.

But hey ho..i'm with you all..Onwards to ROME.:D

Rome...I will be there in a few weeks.

Anyway, yes whilst talking of colours of bunting etc etc it is easy to forget those that do not have it but are likely to get it (and those that have it but don’t know they have it ) if they don’t watch out. That’s not a criticism of your post, but an observation in general.

Earlier screening should be implemented for the health and welfare of the nation, rather than the sweeping under the carpet of those that don’t have full blown symptoms as one or two have touched upon.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
.......to further continue the idea that type 2 diabetes is a self-inflicted disease caused by gluttony and sloth. .

If this were the case then half the nation falls under that category. Surely?

Reactions: jjraak

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
isn't that the prediction.?
Indeed and I have to say mea culpa where I played a part in my own downfall, not completely and utterly unbeknown to me. When we stuff the Krispy Kreme down our kneck in a bygone life we know there is likely to be a penalty waiting for us but we don’t care at the time as we enjoy the moment. Dunno. We are all different though. :D