Cambridge University Study

sixfoot

The article fair made my head spin so it did. But then i had just got back from my Constitutional, 90 minute brisk one. ( walk :) )

One thing i cant quite get my head around. as the one with the condition why is it never that the health care team have to agree the levels with you ?? always the other way round.

Dave P

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
But Dr Victoria King, of Diabetes UK, warned tighter sugar control would not be appropriate for everyone. [unquote]

Really ?

Perhaps we should invite the good Dr Victoria King to explain to us just why tighter control is not an appropriate means for everyone ? An open debate could prove 'interesting ?' :evil:

peppiB

Bet these peoples' attitude would change if they were diabetic - simple self preservation is great motivation to get things under control. Sadly some people do not have facilities/aptitude to use the internet to gain knowledge and information for themselves and are stuck with the out dated information peddled by some (many?) HP's

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
At the Cambridge estimated savings in deaths from heart disease of 3 in every 200 diabetics, at 2.5m diabetics that means 37,500 fewer deaths per year.

Jo123

Wonderful to read, common sense would tell one that the lower levels of bg leader to lower heart disease nice to have it confirmed scientifically!
In my opinion they should lay down the facts clearly to people, some people may prefer to eat what they like and live with the increased risk to their health, that is their choice but they need to know the facts. At the moment my mum is just told as long as she keeps her hba1c below 7% then that is excellent control, she should be given the facts and be able to make a choice.
I think we have to respect the fact that some don't wish to aim for such tight control and are prepared to live with that extra risk.
How arrogant of DUK to take it upon themselves to decide what control is approriate.

Trinkwasser

Dennis said:
At the Cambridge estimated savings in deaths from heart disease of 3 in every 200 diabetics, at 2.5m diabetics that means 37,500 fewer deaths per year.

Which means 37 500 more people each year who are collecting their pensions and requiring treatment from the NHS.

Hmmmm . . .

. . . yes this metastudy really backs up what was already known from previous work, before ACCORD came along and muddied the waters.

sixfoot

Trink ...... i think you may have miss-posted this one should be under " whats our agenda" surely 8)

theres one !
Dave P

Trinkwasser

sixfoot said:
Trink ...... i think you may have miss-posted this one should be under " whats our agenda" surely 8)

theres one !
Dave P

No it's THEIR agenda, not ours!

Our agenda is to outlive them . . .