Came to Uk and recognized that I m 10 in 1

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
as i have recently shifted to uk and found few months ago that i m having diabetes i didnt care much nd m just focusing on my diet !! and this beautiful places keeps me happy !!!

I am referring to some sites and they really helped me a lot

Reactions: abcd99

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @tirth and welcome.

Your profile states your type 1 and controlled by diet, how have you come to realise you are type 1 and how are you managing your blood glucose levels ?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Good morning Tirth and welcome to the forum.

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @tirth and welcome.

Your profile states your type 1 and controlled by diet, how have you come to realise you are type 1 and how are you managing your blood glucose levels ?

My random blood sugar levels are higher than 200mg/dL. I also experience signs and symptoms of type 1 diabetes like frequent urination and extreme thirst. I try to keep my blood glucose levels in the optimum range by by maintaining a balance in the foods that I eat, physical activity and medication. Also I monitor my blood glucose levels throughout the day.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My random blood sugar levels are higher than 200mg/dL. I also experience signs and symptoms of type 1 diabetes like frequent urination and extreme thirst. I try to keep my blood glucose levels in the optimum range by by maintaining a balance in the foods that I eat, physical activity and medication. Also I monitor my blood glucose levels throughout the day.

Have you seen a doctor to confirm diagnosis ?

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you seen a doctor to confirm diagnosis ?

I have had a word with my family doctor who gave me some medicines which keeps my sugar level moderate and I am looking for better doctors here to consult with !!!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi @tirth What medicines are you taking ?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
lantus subcutaneous 2*1
zomelis 2*1
These are medicines which i take !!
any other remedies for this

What doses are you taking of these ?

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
What doses are you taking of these ?

zomelis 500 mg 2*1
nd the other I haven’t taken yet as I m very afraid of getting injections
few days back i just took once and the dose i didn’t remember as it was in india and i didnt remember i need to check my prescription as the family doc does all these

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hello @tirth are you quite sure you are type 1 ? Onset is sudden and you would be in hospital, then you would need injections immediately, Zomelis is prescribed to type 2, so maybe you need to check your diagnosis properly ?

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @tirth are you quite sure you are type 1 ? Onset is sudden and you would be in hospital, then you would need injections immediately, Zomelis is prescribed to type 2, so maybe you need to check your diagnosis properly ?

may be i have provided the wrong name as my father is also diabetic and may be i have indulged his medicines. I ll check in my proper prescription and will tell and what precautions do i need the most for it

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
may be i have provided the wrong name as my father is also diabetic and may be i have indulged his medicines. I ll check in my proper prescription and will tell and what precautions do i need the most for it

Are you in the UK, Tirth, and are you here to stay long term?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
yes i ll stay here for couple of years !!

You had better get in to see a GP asap then - if you are really type 1 then you will need to get a confirmed diagnosis so you know what medication you should be taking.

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
You had better get in to see a GP asap then - if you are really type 1 then you will need to get a confirmed diagnosis so you know what medication you should be taking.

yup i too think so !! i ll arrange some good appointments for this !! and will visit the doctor !! i just trusted my family doc bcoz he has its own portal of fitness and health so i thought it would be beneficial and i read those only but now i think i m wrong i really need to consult

tirth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you here working for an Indian company or have you got a job with a Company here?

i am on a project here!!! I work with TCS !! and as soon as the project will be over i ll return but its a long way the projects will be minimum for 2 yrs and dnt m know the max limit of it

abcd99

as i have recently shifted to uk and found few months ago that i m having diabetes i didnt care much nd m just focusing on my diet !! and this beautiful places keeps me happy !!!

I am referring to some sites and they really helped me a lot
Type one and not taking insulin...........how is that possible????. May be you are type 2 where body is still making some insulin.......please clarify.........thanks.