Camels milk for Diabetics?

Rushy

Apparently there ARE UK distributors...

Maybe Halal places and Arabic markets would have it.

Fujifilm

I can convince my wife that she needs to do the shopping because the lights in the store affect my BG, :)

I can convince her that due to a bad back I am unable to do any ironing. :D

But no way am I going to convince her that I need a camel in the back garden and she needs to milk it so I can have milk in my coffee. :lol:

But then again :twisted:

Found this little bit of info ... Camels' milk is seen as healthier than cows' milk, containing five times more vitamin C, less fat, less lactose and more insulin. :shock:

To keep a camel in the UK you need a Dangerous Wild Animal Licence, wonder if you can get one from the post office.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
and of course only HAPPY camels will give milk :lol:
Hana

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Fujifilm, one day your wife will stop humouring you and then where will you be. I know, lost in Tesco's aisles in a crumpled shirt :lol: :lol:
Down here we have organised camel trecking and if their milk smells anything like them I will pass!
By the way, love your new avatar!
Val

kewgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apparently camel milk is an acquired taste, slightly saltier, and is similar in composition to human breast milk! :shock: :shock:
The insulin-like protein in the camels milk is not broken down in the stomach when drunk hence it gets absorbed in the small intestine instead.The anti-diabetic action of camel milk has been attributed to the camel’s choice :lol: :lol: of grazing/browsing on natural vegetation in the desert, including salty herbs and plants, including some medicinal plants like the neem.

Additionally according to the literature there appears to be no significant difference as to whether you acquire the milk from either a dromedary or bactrian camel!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The other tad problem with camels are that they are a b****r to milk!! :lol: Not least due to they’re size – not easy to hand milk!! Females apparently are notoriously cantankerous milkers & will only release milk when they smell their calf !!! and most will abide only milking on just one side while their calves are nursing. :roll:

I’ll just go and put away my milk pail & milking stool then!! :lol: :lol:

Txxx

Fujifilm

valattrevear said:
Fujifilm, one day your wife will stop humouring you and then where will you be. I know, lost in Tesco's aisles in a crumpled shirt :lol: :lol:
Down here we have organised camel trecking and if their milk smells anything like them I will pass!
By the way, love your new avatar!
Val

Hi Val,

My wife married well, but I didn't :lol:

The only place you will find me is in Aldi. If my wife stopped doing her chores I would have to replace her with a younger model. :D I can feel a slap coming on. :lol: