Can a type 2 who’s recently been diagnosed get insulin sensitivity like a non diabetic

Jessielouiseb

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so someone who’s recently been diagnosed and maybe got their blood sugar to non diabetic levels, can they fix their metabolism and have the same amount of insulin sensitivity compared to a healthy non diabetic

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably..although you would need to define how you would measure it....

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The other problem is that even though you may have only recently been diagnosed, you won’t necessarily know how long you have actually had it?

Jessielouiseb

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The other problem is that even though you may have only recently been diagnosed, you won’t necessarily know how long you have actually had it?
Well I had a blood test 5 years ago and everything was perfectly normal back then, my hba1c was 4.8

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
High blood sugar levels - high enough to get a diabetes diagnosis, are the last thing to happen. It all starts with high insulin levels, leading to insulin resistance and fatty liver. This can progress over many years, even decades, before sugar levels materialise into a diabetes diagnosis. As there were 5 years between your HbA1c of 4.8 and your diagnosis, you cannot tell how long you have had metabolic syndrome. Your blood sugar levels could have increased at any point in that time without you knowing it.

Reactions: Ryhia and Rachox

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For me sensitivity has rapidly reduced. I had A1c of 5.3% 6 months before and 90 fasting sugar, then I got A1c of 6.1% but fasting is still 94mg/dl , so was not officially diagnosed prediabetic.
But I know I am and I feel I am getting worse at a rapid rate. And no, for me I am unable to get to my previous sensitivity level. Even though I have caught this insulin resistance very early and been on keto diet, my sensitivity is not back to normal.
I am still hopeful and trying to get the sensitivity back.
I suggest you to try, because if you try to get atleast you will have a chance to get it back, but if you don't try you will never.