Can anyone actually feel their Blood Sugar Rising?

daisy3174

Hi there I know this is probably an odd question but it has been doing my head in.I can actually feel in my body when my blood sugar is rising, after I have eaten,its like I am slowly getting drunk, I feel light headed and very warm, its actuall quite a nice feeling apart from the strange pain in the head that comes with it.Just wondered if anyone else feels this or am I going bonkers lol x

daisy3174

Thanks, yes most people say they can feel theirs dropping, when I am dropping I become irritable, cold shaky and real horrible but on rising I feel nice, its weird x

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
When im going up i feel like im on fire, and when going low i get a slight headache before the feelings of weakness and trembling knees

Sue

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I get a horrible panicky feeling in the right side of my stomach when my sugars are too high.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Cant say that I have ever felt my bg levels rising or falling, the only time I new anything were the few times I had hypos when I was on insulin, then you know all about it :lol: Uncontrollable shaking and instantly soaking wet with sweat.

I have never been one of those people who are 'in touch' with their bodies, I feel ill when I'm ill and I feel OK when I'm not and thats about it :D

AMBrennan

Well, I felt quite bad after taking 30g glucose (BG 9.1 mmol/l up from 4.6 in about 10min - I had switched from 50g carbs from orange juice to glucose powder for swimming) - does that count?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I can't, I only know when I'm having a hypo that my bs is low. I wouldn't have a clue when it's high!

FindingNemo

I always can tell when mine has a sudden rise. I feel really sluggish, quite often my head feels thick like a bad cold and my sinuses burn. This isn't permanent or a sign of a slow rising or maintained high, just when it goes from normal to high over a small space of time.

daisy3174

Hi, thanks all, feel a bit better now , thought I was going bonkers.My BG (similar to AMBrennan) rises very sharply, say from 6mmol to 13mmol in 30 minutes, so I guess thats why the feelings are so pronounced, my heart starts going like the clappers.However its the only time I feel good, if its below 5mmol I feel horrible, guess I must be back to front lol x

sugar2

Yup, a fast rise makes my eyes feel like they are bulging! :shock:
Horrible, but useful as I know to do something about it..usually means that my pump has a problem somewhere.