can anyone help?

greenp3

can anyone help im a type 2 and am experiancing what i call a fuzzy feeling in my body and feels worse at night so i eat a little piece of bread to try to ease it because if i ignore it i cant sleep and i start feeling unwell and light headed has , anyone heard of this or is it just me im at my wits end trying to work all this out. has anyone got any ideas what this could be?? thanks

chocoholic

Does this coincide with high or low blood sugar readings? My guess is that it does but you don't mention your readings, so can I check that you have a meter?

greenp3

i have a meter but i dont get the strips free any longer so i dont check them myself . do you think they are going high or low but i feel awful if i ignore it so i eat a little bread just to help but it is just there again when i wake again this could be a few times a night im so puzzled and fed up with it its getting me down :(

chocoholic

This makes me so angry....not you, greenp3....... your inability to get test strips free. I know I had to fight for them in the past but testing your blood sugars really is the most important thing you can do to assess what is going on in with your body. I'd keep on at your surgery to supply you with test strips and say you need them to attain good control. Please, please, do not give up on this.
I paid for extra strips when I needed some but I appreciate in these times of credit crunch, extra expenses cannot always be met easily.
It is possible that your levels, without being monitored, are running too high and causing you to feel 'fuzzy', as you describe it.This will do you no good, short-term or long-term.
Once you start monitoring your levels again, hopefully, you'll start to feel brighter quite soon but this will be practically impossible without those test strips and the ability to monitor what is going on with your blood sugar levels.
Personally, I'd recommend a sit-in at your docs. until they agree to give you the test strips you need.
Good luck.
choccie.

Manogwent

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
carling lager
greenp3 said:
i have a meter but i dont get the strips free any longer so i dont check them myself . do you think they are going high or low but i feel awful if i ignore it so i eat a little bread just to help but it is just there again when i wake again this could be a few times a night im so puzzled and fed up with it its getting me down :(
Hi,Greenp3, you must test to have an accurate check on what your body is telling you as you could be placing yourself in a potentially life threatening position if your BG's were going to low. Have you tried challenging your GP as to why you can't have strips anymore, at the end of the day it is you who needs to be in control,not your practice nurse!! If i don't eat regularly or leave too long between meals than i too get a bit fuzzy and a queer feeling in the tummy so i eat something protein or cheese unless i check my BG ,too low - eat a sandwich , to high - just meat or cheese. too much carbs send me sky high for some reason. Hope you get sorted soon, at the very least you raise your concerns with GP. Are you just diet or on meds? if you look at some of the posts you can see what others have done to try and sort out similar probs like you are getting,best of luck,peter :D :D
apologies, chocaholic,didn't see your last post before i put this one up!!

greenp3

thankyou for your replies i have an appointment this evening with my doc i feel dreadful again this morning but my husband thinks it could be my anaemia back with avengence ive suffered with anaemia on and of for a number of years due to heavy monthlys my doctor sent me for a scan and have recently been diagnosed with fibroids so have hospital appointment on thurs to see whether i need an hysterectomy or if i can have a coil fitted can fibroids affect my diabetes in any way?im on metformin tabs500mg. i think im going to have to buy some test strips for my own peace of mind as well. thanks again. :(