Can anyone suggest any proven ways for weight loss?????

Blossom

Hi everyone, I have been really obsessed with my weight problem. I am a 33 year old female and have gained 90lbs which makes the count to 210. I recently took out some of my summer clothes and they don’t fit me anymore!!! This is a real tragedy for me. How can I not wear the ones I adore...moreover the new look is getting me mad (with the comments from my friends). I know quite a few ways to start losing weight…….but I don’t really feel that, with so many people failing using these methods that I will make it through. Does anyone know a proven way to reduce the weight?

Please help me…..this is killing me!!!

lionrampant

All I can advise to get to the gym, get a Personal Trainer to put together a workout plan, and follow it.

Fitness First have a 60 quid package you buy (on top of your membership) that gets you a PT to set up and review you workout every x weeks.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Like Sarah says ,keep a food diary.Also look at your portions.Do you cook for a family ? I had that trouble,so used to cooking for 5 that ,when they all left home I was still cooking for 5! If you buy meat etc from the supermarkets do you therefore cook the whole portion and eat it? Try going to a butchers and just asking for the exact amount you need for one portion that way you are not tempted.Also......"if it's not in the house you can't eat it!!"Check your food diary and see how much carbs you are eating,try and cut down on bread,potatoes, pasta as these are chief culprits for gaining weight.Try and exercise every day for at least 30 minutes.Good luck and stay motivated.

Katharine

I haven't a quick fix but Paul McKenna's "I can teach you to stay slim" or something like that has some self hypnosis techniques that may help.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I can tell you what works for me.I am 61 and type 2 on oral medication. Most Orals and Insulin make you put on weight.That usually makes weight loss impossible or nearly so.
I have gone to a low carb eating plan and reduced my need for medication. At the moment I'm trying to make do with Metformin only. it doesn't promote weight gain. In fact some people find it helps weight loss. Let's hope! :D Anyway in a year or so I am down 15KG, which is about 33 pounds and 2 clothing sizes.
It's surprisingly easy to keep to. I don't get hungry. I eat things which make my friends shudder, such as bacon and eggs for breakfast and salami and cheese. Other than meats, dairy and fish, I base my eating on green leafy vegetables and some fruits.NO sugar, NO bread, occasional crackers. No rice, no breakfast cereals, no pasta and only the occasional baby new potato. In the year, I have been to a few "Events", family christenings and weddings. I have made sure that I keep my blood glucose down at these and if tempted to something delicious, have a tiny bit.( even wedding cake and christening cake) I regard that as a delay in weight loss, not a collapse of the whole plan. I get back on plan ASAP

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Blossom,

In my opinion, suggestions to eat a little less and exercise a little more are the standard currency in weight-loss discussions, but while they might help, they won't fix the problem by themselves.

The bottom line in my view is insulin levels. Insulin is the body's main fat building hormone and levels in the bloodstream have a direct effect on whether we store calories as fat, or whether we burn fat for calories. Most type 2 diabetics overproduce insulin, initially at least, due to their insulin resistance. Many, although not all, will struggle with their weight as a result. Type 1's on the other hand are more usually slim and again this is a result of a chronic lack of insulin.

When i figured this out, I started eating much in the way hanadr describes. One year later I had lost 4 stone and they never came back.

Do you use insulin or other blood sugar lowering meds?

All the best,

fergus

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Somewhere I think I came across a study which compared weight loss due to diet and exercise. I think( I'm not certain!) that diet alone works, exercise alone doesn't unless it's A LOT and exercise + diet works. Also I read somewhere that once past the fast initial water loss of diets, any diet slows to a loss of betwween 1Kg and 3 Kg a month. the great thing about low carbing, is that it keeps the BGs down too.