can diabetic eat raw mangoes?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Diabetics CAN eat anything that's considerd to be food. That's not to say they should eat it by the bucketful.
if you want mango, have a very small portion!
Hana

abs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I lived off mango whilst in Africa but I'm on insulin and I personally don't find fruit does much to my bg levels.

Dora66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i hv heard raw mango is rich in vitamin c plz let me know can diabtic eat raw mango?thnx for yr guidence:)

Hi, the 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet tells you to stay away from Tropical fruit...pineapple is NO NO very high in sugar.
Stick to berries...straw rasp and blue...
Just reversed my T2 diagnosis by following The Blood Sugar Diet book.
I'm SO pleased with myself.
Lost 34 lbs.
Good Luck

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i hv heard raw mango is rich in vitamin c plz let me know can diabtic eat raw mango?thnx for yr guidence:)

The best thing to do is test your blood sugar levels then eat a mango then test after one and two hours.. If your levels go up by more than 2mmol after 2 hours then don't do it again..if they don't then you might be ok. Also depends if you are taking any medication for your diabetes, which may also have an effect.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, I wouldn't be too expectant, waiting for the OP to comment on his thread. The thread was last active over 3 years ago, and the OP hasn't logged in for about the same amount of time.

:)