Can I Take Immodium

JohnnyAngel57

Hi,
I'm Type 2 diabetic on Metformin twice a day plus rampiril, and simvastatin at night. Does anybody know whether it is safe to take immodium or any other of those type of medicines?? as I've got a bit of a gippy tummy for a couple of days nothing drastic but a nuisance all the same.

Another question if I may ask is would I be able to take peptac aniseed liquid for indigestion. I was given a full bottle of it, and I know I'm ok for gaviscon, but not used this peptac liquid before and wondered whether its ok as I notice it said check with gp or pharmacy if you take ace inhibbitors or summat like that lol, so I wondered how I stood on it
Thanks in advance

John

C

catherinecherub

Hi Johnny,
Imodium can be taken for relief from symptoms but it is not advisable to take it long term as it actually paralyses the bowel and can lead to complications. Try and cope with it and only take it when you have to go out.
As for the aniseed flavoured antacid, this can raise blood pressure so I would advise against it. Stick to the gaviscon and it might be worth asking your GP if something can be done to relieve your symptoms rather than relying on this.

Hope this helps,

Catherine.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
you can check with your pharmacy about interactions between medications.
Hana

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
I wonder if Psyllium husks would deal with this problem without having effects on drugs? It helps my tum! :D