1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Can you pinpoint the day your pancreas failed making insulin?

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Charlreff, Sep 9, 2019 at 10:13 PM.

1. Charlreff

Charlreff · Newbie

My son was diagnosed on sept 4th and I think I can pinpoint exactly what happened and when that made my sons pancreas fail. I have a timeline and proof, will it help with research? Who do I tell if so?

2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Research has shown that even long term T1s still dribble out a tiny bit of insulin. Without before and after tests you cannot prove your theory correct.

3. michita

michita Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I think my type 1 was triggered by a certain traumatic event I had and low vitamin D. You can share us your/your son’s story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. New Haven Neil

New Haven Neil Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think there is some mileage in this. A friend years ago became T1 after being assaulted badly. I developed T2 after almost losing a foot in an accident and two rounds of subsequent (and painful) surgery. Smashed feet are a bad thing!

5. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I remember being told by my diabetic doctor 40 years ago that my elder brother's severe head injury (almost died) might cause him to develop T1. (I was already T1). Luckily he was OK.

• Hug Hug x 1
  6. Flora123

Flora123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My DN mentioned it to me too. She referred to a sports injury that had caused a patient to become T1.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook