Can't shake it off!!

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
Stupid sugars!!!!

I can't seem to shake off of this 13mmol/L today!!

I Went to bed last night (as you would) at 13.3. Bearing in mind this was after 2 hours ice skating... including spins and jumps, etc, so it's pretty hard exercise that gets your heart pumping nice and fast.
When i woke up, i was 13.3... still, and that was after taking 4 units of Novorapid before bed to correct.
an hour later, nothing eaten or drunk, 18.4!!! Correct with 5u NovoRapid.
an hour and a half later... 12.7
Control test 6.4.... perfect.
another hour later, before lunch after walking to the store to get my lunch. 13.8!! WHA!?
105g CHO, 7u Rapid and 3u Rapid to correct.
3 hours later... 13.3 again!!! I know i got the carbs right for lunch because i took the numbers from the packets and from past experience (with good results).

Why me? that's all i wanna know, why me...

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How are you feeling? Not coming down with something are you? Have you checked for ketones?

Sam.

jopar

Stuboy

If you feel that you aren't coming down with a cold or infection, I would change your insulin cartridge and/or if this is a cartridge from a new box, change to another box as it could be that the insulin itself is duff and not as potent as it should be.

Stuboy

Dislikes
The cartridge is fairly recent... not more than two weeks old, and it was working fine yesterday!

My other half has the flu (or a bad cold), but i dont feel like im coming down with anything.

Perhaps this is my absorbtion problem that the dr suggested... ill probably crash later on when it all gets to my system...

Can't check for ketones... i have no ketostix!

Stuboy

Dislikes
well... as i predicted, big crash last night, after about an hour in bed i woke up... sorry for this, absolutely drenched in sweat feeling like i'd been hit by a double decker bus (is that even any worse to a regular bus i wonder?).

2.3mmol/L. So i went downstairs to the kitchen and had a glass of pommegranate juice (ran out of oj) and two chessy rolls. I would have stopped at 1 roll but they're so delicious and i tend to get the munchies when i have a night hypo...

Woke up this morning at 9.2!

I really hope i can get this pump!