Carb counting books ?

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi all
can anyone recommend an easy to follow carb counting book?

Sue

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
A pocket book which I don't recommend as it seems to have too many mistakes they can't be bothered to rectify, is the Collins Gem series Carbs Counter, or Calorie Counter. Easy to carry around though.

The best one I would recommend, which is definitely NOT a pocket book is the 'Calorie Carb & Fat Bible 2011'.

Both available from good high street bookstores or online from places like Amazon.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
I use a 'fat and calorie counter' book from Roche which i got with my insulin pump.

I haven't come across anything yet that isn't in there. It's pocket sized but is a bit fatter than the collins gem carb counter book cugila is referring to.

I'm not sure if you can get it for free from Roche or can purchase.

I used to use the collins one but from wear and tear i threw it away as it was pretty shabby but i got that from Amazon pretty cheap.

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Thanks, I thought it best to ask as i was rather confused on amazon, :D

Sue

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I use The Calorie, Carb and Fat Bible 2010, quite big in size but very good just the same.

Nigel

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
carbs and cals by chris cheyette and yello balolia is fab with great pictures of food sizes for when eating out and having to guess at things abit, however it is def not a book for the handbag or at least it doesnt fit in mine lol

anna marie

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
ams162 said:
however it is def not a book for the handbag or at least it doesnt fit in mine lol

anna marie

Must admit my handbags have got a lot bigger since being diagnosed :lol:

Sue

LaughingHyena

carbs and cals by chris cheyette and yello balolia is fab with great pictures of food sizes for when eating out and having to guess at things abit, however it is def not a book for the handbag or at least it doesnt fit in mine lol

This is the one I use. With two kids in tow I have a big bag, so no problems carrying it for me.

When I bought it a couple of months aga they were selling seconds on the well known online acution site. It had a small dent in the spine, after a couple of weeks of daily use I could not show you the original fault, to many other creases and dents have joined it.

I also have the colins one, I haven't heard about mistakes in it till now but I'm afraid I have to laugh when I read the page on sugar free chewing gum. I think there are seven or eight different flavours listed. All with no carbs, fat or anything else they list. Call me strange but I wasn't expecting a lot of nutrition from chewing gum. :)