Carbohydrates video by Dr Gary Fettke

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
This is a presentation from Low Crab Down Under.
I can't mention it's title without breaking Forum Rules, but if you know Dr Fettke you know how he always speaks his mind.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I personally eat much more carbs than Dr Fettke, but I don't have such a strong reason to avoid them as he does.
For those that don't know about Dr Fettke, perhaps I should say that he is using diet to try to keep his inoperable brain cancer in remission. But he always bases his talks on the science and what he sees in his pateints - not on his own personal experience.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Strange you mention about the title. When I watched this my thoughts turned to a recent forum disagreement, as to whether a certain macro can be described as .....

Now that an eminent expert has stated his opinion, I feel the word should be allowed.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Yes it seems that it is OK to describe Alcohol and tobacco that way, but not the thing which harms most Type 2 diabetics.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I will have to watch it again to hear the banned word(s).
As well as a being a patient Fetke is an orthopaedic surgeon who notoriously and improperly. reverse his patients' type 2 diabetes by low carb diet.
He and his wife also campaign against the big grain companies which in Aus. have a strong 7th Day Adventist background - mainly anti meat.