Carbs and heart disease

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The evidence in support of the idea that saturated fat consumption leads to heart disease has always been, erm, elusive. At least, it eluded the US Surgeon General's Office for the whole 11 year study it conducted trying to prove it.
Could be they were looking in the wrong place after all......

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090625133215.htm

All the best,

fergus

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Thats odd I've just been reading about this study which links eating a diet high in red meat and dairy products leads to an increased risk of pancreatic cancer.

So on the one hand Heart Disease and on the other hand Pancreatic Cancer. Seems that nothing is safe for us to eat :cry:

Dr H

Dislikes
- People without manners
- Being interrogated about non-low-carbing
Listen, statistics can be manipulated. They can twist and skew them to say whatever they want them to say.

Just carry on eating your diet, although I would advise switching to wholemeal bread (for the fibre content) from white bread.

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
I certainly wouldn't recommend a diet high in fat and dairy products in conjunction with
tons of carbohydrate, way too much alcohol, plenty of cigarettes and little or no exercise.

Quick, we must find a statistician!