Carbs & cals book

monty1878

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The dietician has recommended that I get the carbs and cals book as it will help work out the carbs in my meals. Anyone else got it and found it useful?

Thanks

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes one of the best things I have bought in a long time. There is also an ap.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Monty, I have the carbs and cal app for my phone and find it really good as it keeps a diary of meals I have eaten so if I have the same meal again I just go to the diary, the app costs £ 3.99 and shows lots of different foods on a plate so you have a good idea of the portion size if you go out to eat and don't have a scales with you.

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought the book and it was a life saver!!

So used to eating the same things now that the poor book is sitting in a drawer doing nothing

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
I have the app, it's a bit lacking in the types of food that I was eating vegetarian options, a few Quorn products but not many but you can Enter the values yourself, I don't how comprehensive the book is compared to tha app, but I got fed up with it pretty quickly.

The free phone barcode scanning app by eat healthy is just the same, I downloaded and not a single thing in my cupboards was in their data base.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
But use the 'My Foods' menu and you can enter your own foods. That's what I use most.