Carbs in faggots?

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hi - got some lovely butchers faggots (dry) but have no idea how many carbs in them. Any ideas/experience anyone?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That'll depend on his recipe, so it may be a bit hit and miss. Have you tried Googling something like Brain's faggots, which may not be the same recipe, but might give you an idea?

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes they are like sausages in make up, ask your butcher his recipe for carbs. He probably has a secret ingredient. I love faggots, as long as I don't eat too many I'm fine.

Hope this helps.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks all. I've erred on the side of caution I think. Going with the equivalent of 3 good meaty sausage so I've gone for 15g carbs. I only had 1 but it was lovely. I may have got it completely wrong but I'll let you know.....just for interest :)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like faggots too, problem is I like them with a pile of mashed potato and peas!
Tesco counter faggots (dry) are 12g each, Brains are 22g for 2 with the gravy.

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks all. I've erred on the side of caution I think. Going with the equivalent of 3 good meaty sausage so I've gone for 15g carbs. I only had 1 but it was lovely. I may have got it completely wrong but I'll let you know.....just for interest :)

If they are a decent size then 10-15g of carbs would be a good guess Riri, they contain breadcrumbs so not as low-carb as people may think.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I made some onion gravy and had some mashed swede with them. 2 hrs on and 10.9 so a bit out so small correction done. Will know in future to try 20-25g for them. They were huge!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The Brain's Faggots website says a serving weighing 242g has 26.3g of carbs so maybe bolus for 25g next time and see how you get on.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I also have a kind of mental block about adding carbs in for swede and carrots so the big pile of mashed swede I had was probably more than 5g! Most foods I get right but there are certain foods that I seem to have an ongoing stupid stubbornness not to bolus for ....after 17 years!