Carpal Tunnel op and bad HBAIC result...double trouble

chrissieworne

Hi all, well firstly my recent HBAIC test has come back at 7.6 :oops: so I have been summoned to see the DN. Last one was 6.7 but I know I haven't been in control of my eating and only have myself to blame. :evil:

Am also having my Carpal surgery tomorrow on my right hand so wish me luck....am really anxious about it but am sure it will be okay, just a wimp when it comes to pain!!! :lol: :lol:

Hopefully one handed....I will be back on here soon.

Chrissie :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow - we will all be thinking of you :)

chrissieworne

Hi folks, am able to type with left hand. Surgery went well and am healing :D . Have some minor pins and needles still but consultant said its usual and will improve in time, nerves jangling!!! :roll:

Well I hope he's right!!! :?:

Saw DN today and have stopped the Metformin as I cannot cope with it, have given it a good shot but my gut is so bad. :oops:

She has put me on 40mg of Gliclazide daily to try. Pharmacy hadn't got that in so am picking it up tomorrow, she will see me in 4 weeks time and has given me lots of strips so I can test 3-4 times per day, note results and she can look at it when I see her next. Cor, one way of getting strips !! :lol:

Now, anxiety has crept in and i am already worried about these pills, she more or less said if i can't get on with them Insulin is the next stop!!! :?

Can you advise me if these pills are more tolerable than Met, she has warned me about weight gain which really I don't need, never lost weight on Met!!

Thanks, sorry to be such a wimp, I am scared of al things new on meds front, always have been.

Chris

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I only take Gliclazide, 2 X 80 a day. I have not had any side effects and didn't gain any weight in my first three months of taking it.

Just make sure you watch your diet, take exercise etc and you should be fine.

Ali

chrissieworne

Thanks Ali, fab result on ur hba1c. :D

Taken first Glic tonight, (6.8 b4 meal) had risotto and blimey, 3 hrs later I am at 14.9, how did that happen?

How long does Glic take to get into yr system?

Cheers Chris

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Unfortuately the way risotto is cooked ie for a long time. makes it very high GI . It will send your glucose levels up quickly. On top rissotto is more oftena meal in itself, rather than an acompaniment so you'll eat quite a lot of it,.
I use insulin and eat a fair number of carbs and I most certainlyI have no wish to join the diabetes police / mafia but have to admit that risotto isn't on my menu anymore. :( :(