Carpal tunnel surgery

donnac1968

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am having carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow. It is a local anaesthetic and I wondered if this can affect blood sugars. Obviously I'll be a bit anxious too!

Type 1 on pump

FlashManDo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Stupid ppl!!!!
I've had both my wrists done, local first time then I requested general for the second one. Just keep testing your blood and you should be ok. My blood was really high when I has my first one done, but I did have a really bad experience think that had a lot to do with it. I'm on a pump now and had a much better experience with my second one, was only on the ward for about 4 hours then on my way home. Where you having it done?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

donnac1968

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had both my wrists done, local first time then I requested general for the second one. Just keep testing your blood and you should be ok. My blood was really high when I has my first one done, but I did have a really bad experience think that had a lot to do with it. I'm on a pump now and had a much better experience with my second one, was only on the ward for about 4 hours then on my way home. Where you having it done?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Countess of Chester Day Unit. Just having the right one done tomorrow. Left at a later date.