Carrying Things Around!

shelbyyyy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I dont know if any of you can help me but i recently been diagnosed and its so tiring carrying everything around because my bag isnt big enough! When i as at the hospital the other day i see a girl and she had this little bag thing, do any of you know where you can get one that isnt really expensive i will try to leave a photo below!
licoriceinside.jpg

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been searching for a nice meter holder for ages, ideally in wipe clean oilcloth. Have seen some online sold in USA, but often pricey and postage on top :(
Cath Kidson do gadget holders and all sorts of things but nothing suitable for a meter and lancet etc.

I all be watching for replies to your question.

Reactions: 2 people

shelbyyyy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes same! All the UK ones seem so plain and ugly. I found a really nice one but it was discontinued i was so gutted:(

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I make stuff, could you point me to the site you saw the bag and I can maybe have a look to see if I can do something similar?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I make stuff, could you point me to the site you saw the bag and I can maybe have a look to see if I can do something similar?
You could have just found a nice earner ... be great if you have ... I like little things like that for people.

Reactions: 2 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
10500533_10154353349225527_1777038467486503035_n.jpg

These I can adapt, they look similar to hers, mine are smaller but can be made bigger with pockets.

Jessicahib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
U can also get a smaller bag for every thing to fit in on line.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1409559541.340935.jpg

jenni ms

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
tomatoes
have you thought about a nice kind of pencil case you could adapt, i have used these sort of things in the past and not that expensive either .

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
I've been looking for a nice one too as my Codefree one is falling apart already! It looked like my only option was to buy a pencil case or something, but I'm sure there must be something better out there. Searched Amazon for ages, but everything seemed too expensive and more elaborate than I needed. I don't carry mine around with me very often, but I do travel with it (which I do about twice a month for a weekend) and I like to have somewhere I can keep a small notebook and pen and also some spare lancets, etc. Any ideas? I did think about making and selling them myself, but I haven't got enough time with working full time and running my own business too.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1409909370.761228.jpg

I've got this one, zebra print on the outside! Got it in Facebook from a page called pimp your pump

Reactions: 3 people

iHs

Using a pump, I tend to do a bg test fairly often so giving things some thought, I came up with idea of using a moble phone wallet and was able to slide my bg meter in it and finger pricker plus some teststrips. To a passer by, it looks like an older type mobile phone and me sending a text msg. It does the job though and I can use it dtanding up or sitting down.

Tracieo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought a hardbacked camera case that fitted my meter, strips and finger pricker in. it was under £5.00 on amazon

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1410079380.600296.jpg

Hi, I manage to carry my pump supplies and a spare injection extra in this bag. I can also fit my BG kit and Lucosade tablets inside.

You can by them for about £5 on Amazon , and are also usually available in garden centres ect.

Hope this helps.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I love handmade pretty stuff, is anyone making these cute little bags here? I like to buy local/small company/handmade stuff :)

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well, not huge, I'd like to put my glucometer, a pricker, tub of test strips, a few lancets and a small notebook and pen in there. And I'd like something pretty...that's where I'm struggling LOL. I have a few ideas I think; somebody suggested pencil cases and somebody else make up bags, but I'd really like something which "ties" everything down. I use the SD Codefree.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you go to YouTube and enter lined boxy bag (haven't tested the search) I'm positive you'd find something you could make in an hour.

I have made all bespoke, compartmented little box/bags for lots of stuff, including toll rolls. A decent oilcloth or acrylic canvas, lined in a jolly cotton looks expensive and costs virtually nothing to make, once you have a little supply of continuous zip in.