1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

CBD Hemp oil

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments' started by alisonhe, May 4, 2015.

1. alisonhe

alisonhe Type 1 · Active Member

Hi, has anyone used CBD Hemp oil as a supplement to improve health? I have read that this oil can potentially have health benefits for diabetics and am very interested, if you do use it and have some feedback, please can you let me know?

Many thanks, Ali

Email address removed. Anyone who wants to contact the OP can do so via PM or post on this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Patch

Patch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi alisohne. I'm also interested in this - but it's a minefield out there!

I have no idea how to get CBD oil that is high enough in CBD to produce any positive results, or whether it is best to ingest, or vaporise and inhale the stuff.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alisonhe

I get the impression the idea is to ingest like Udos oil, I hear that Real Scientific is high enough in CBD but ii is mega expensive!

4. Patch

Patch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yep - SUPER expensive. :-(

5. rharding93

rharding93 Type 1 · Member

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but have any of you experimented with CBD in the past year? I'm very curious about the potential benefits/ changes to insulin requirements for type 1's!

Rachel

6. SBB1

SBB1 · Newbie

I have found a few health food shops that sell CBD, but I don't know if they would be strong enough. I live in the North West of England, where are you located? I might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nosweets

nosweets · Member

Hi I use flax seed oil for nerve damage and it is noticeably effective, but I had to take it for several months before I noticed the difference. I don't know what effect it would be having on my blood sugar.

8. alisonhe

I’m in the south east of England, have you tried it?

9. alisonhe

That’s interesting, I use ground flax seeds in my baking - low carb breads, it’s a good ingredient and with breakfast at times. I used to eat them whole but have recently learnt they are better ground as your body is more able to absorb it. Do you get pain? If so, have you tried MSM powder?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. nosweets

nosweets · Member

Not sure what MSM powder is?

11. nosweets

nosweets · Member

Ive looked it up. MSM does sound good for reducing inflammation and some other problems so I may try it. However I have jsut started taking L-Arginine which is like a miracle as it has stopped my neuropathic pain immediatly. The articles say that it works by increasing blood circulation.

12. SBB1

SBB1 · Newbie

Yes, I am currently using CBD oil for nerve damage in my neck. I bought it from a place called Health Rack. I found the store on my high street. I think you can buy online through them, they also may have more stores across the UK.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aramisfist

Aramisfist · Newbie

Hi can you tell me more about arginine? Does it affect blood sugar in any way?

14. Ladyblue74

Ladyblue74 Type 2 · Newbie

Interesting question - I'm diabetic and had a nasty melanoma operated on last year, my Onco surgeon knew I might have trouble healing due to my diabetes and Warfarin, I had quite a big skin graft that failed and left me with an open wound. I took advise from an alternative practioner and started taking "Love CBD Entourage" capsules and the wound started healing at twice the rate the surgeon anticipated. I have continued taking it as the difference in my memory is outstanding, however I have to report that nothing has changed in my diabetic numbers which is a disappointment - it's a powerful product and although it hasn't helped my diabetes it's certainly a powerful supplement and worth trying, also be aware that there are a lot of inferior products being sold at a high price, do your research!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook