CBD oil and type 1? Advice for a T1D with anxiety.

rharding93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Has anyone with type 1 got any experience with taking CBD oil? I'm curious to try as I get quite bad hypo anxiety day to day that prevents me making the best decisions to get good control. I struggle with large doses of insulin so will then not manage to correct at meals because the dose seems 'too high' and I get scared i'll plummet low at an alarming rate. This used to happen to me when I overlapped insulin unknowingly and I think the slightly irrational fear has lingered with me stopping me correcting properly with meals. It means sometimes I under eat to keep my dose low but then hunger kicks in and I make poor food decisions later. Either that or I succumb to topping up between meals and then give myself more anxiety about overlapping my dose! Vicious cycle really and I think I yo-yo my control because of the overlap of my anxiety problem.

I've been T1D for 12 years, now 23 and My Hb1AC is 69- I'd really like to get that down in the 50's- 40's if possible. I'd heard that CBD is great for treating anxiety and may also help improve blood sugar control and offer some protection against complications so naturally i'm curious. However, given the hypo fear I have a slight reservation that a reduction in insulin requirements may cause more hypos or something? Anyone advice would be great! Whether CBD or anxiety related?

Thanks!