Cellnovo recall - back to MDI

Applenerd81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs
***UPDATE - received my Cellnovo back a couple of months back, MDI + LCHF was going pretty well but I can honestly say I am delighted to be back on pump!****

ORIGINAL POST - Absolutely gutted, told to stop using my pump, will be returned for an upgrade to software/hardware.

High flow issue with insulin pumps; automatic shut down occurs but can be restarted/overridden by user resulting in potentially dangerous levels of insulin being administered.

After all the issues late last year I thought it was all good, with no issues since December, hoping they fix and come back asap but not holding my breath... My local authority won't fund the omnipod which is my only other preferred option at mo.

Last edited by a moderator:

iHs

Dont know why the Cellnovo has had problems. Ive never used it but thought it looked very small and if it had been available when I first started pumping, I would have chosen it. Lets hope the problem gets sorted and you can return to using it again.

Applenerd81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs
Fingers crossed they've not had the best start but I really like the product.
Have been using it almost as a beta tester, the problems have all been minor and workable.
Just hope it's quick!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does the recall affect all Cellnovo pumps, or just a particular model, or just a particular bunch of serial numbers?

CambridgeLass

Gave ours back yesterday. Very sad. :(( Like you we've had no major problems and have had for a year now. We were assured it'll be back with us in a matter of weeks- possibly end of April so really hopefull!! They say it was easier for them to recall and fix. The person that restarted a faulty alarming IC - well...that's just silly!!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear that, I know some people at addenbrookes had continued with it post December. If you're convinced that tubeless pumps are for you, its a shame, but I would look at some of the alternatives around as a lot of the companies seem to have new pumps out their. I didn't think I'd like it originally but I'm really happy with the insight now

Reactions: 2 people

Applenerd81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs
Just advised by Cellnovo rep that I should be getting my pump etc back in May... Hoping early May!

Reactions: 2 people