1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cellnovo recall - back to MDI

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Applenerd81, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Applenerd81

Applenerd81 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

***UPDATE - received my Cellnovo back a couple of months back, MDI + LCHF was going pretty well but I can honestly say I am delighted to be back on pump!****

ORIGINAL POST - Absolutely gutted, told to stop using my pump, will be returned for an upgrade to software/hardware.

High flow issue with insulin pumps; automatic shut down occurs but can be restarted/overridden by user resulting in potentially dangerous levels of insulin being administered.

After all the issues late last year I thought it was all good, with no issues since December, hoping they fix and come back asap but not holding my breath... My local authority won't fund the omnipod which is my only other preferred option at mo.

#1 Applenerd81, Apr 3, 2015 at 12:12 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
  2. iHs

iHs · Well-Known Member

Dont know why the Cellnovo has had problems. Ive never used it but thought it looked very small and if it had been available when I first started pumping, I would have chosen it. Lets hope the problem gets sorted and you can return to using it again.

3. Applenerd81

Fingers crossed they've not had the best start but I really like the product.
    Have been using it almost as a beta tester, the problems have all been minor and workable.
    Just hope it's quick!

4. Spiker

Spiker Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Does the recall affect all Cellnovo pumps, or just a particular model, or just a particular bunch of serial numbers?

5. Applenerd81

All models/numbers affected.

6. CambridgeLass

CambridgeLass · Well-Known Member

Gave ours back yesterday. Very sad. :(( Like you we've had no major problems and have had for a year now. We were assured it'll be back with us in a matter of weeks- possibly end of April so really hopefull!! They say it was easier for them to recall and fix. The person that restarted a faulty alarming IC - well...that's just silly!!

7. ElyDave

ElyDave Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, I know some people at addenbrookes had continued with it post December. If you're convinced that tubeless pumps are for you, its a shame, but I would look at some of the alternatives around as a lot of the companies seem to have new pumps out their. I didn't think I'd like it originally but I'm really happy with the insight now

• Like Like x 2
  8. Applenerd81

Just advised by Cellnovo rep that I should be getting my pump etc back in May... Hoping early May!

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook