Central London Pump Users meet-up

carograph

Hello all pump-users,
I am wondering if there is an interest to start a monthly pump user meet-up group in Central London somewhere?

I am an Animas 2020 pump user, going on 11 years with the pump, and 33 years as a Type 1 Diabetic.
I do however not know any other people with diabetes, nor anyone using pumps, and would really love to get to know, share ideas, and network with other users.

I am more than happy to get it started and run it, but it would be interesting to see how many would be interested. I am a web designer and event organiser, so have no problem setting up a site/blog and sign up list, and finding a location for the occassions.

I live and work in Central London, and so far have only found the Insulin Pumpers Organisation that does Central London meet-ups, unfortunately they have only done 2 in the past year, and I am looking to do something more regular, maybe even get people to come speak, representatives from pump companies, doctors, have a friends/partners night to learn how to better communicate about our disease, that sort of thing, and etc. Suggestions welcome.

Feel free to respond to me here (Via pm's with your details)

Looking forward to hearing from you.
All the best and good luck with your pumps.

Cheerio
Carolina

georgia1

Hi there i think that's a good idea me and my family are military and we just got orders to R.A.F Lakenheath in cambridgeshire. My son is a type 1 diabetic he's 11 yrs old and has been on an animas pump now for 5 years we should be in the u.k by the end of september so i will contact you closer to that time thank you.

Support

Hi I would be interested in this. I live in London and have had diabetes since I was 8 for 20years. I have been using the omnipod pump for 3yrs and have also recently started using a cgm

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App