CGMS today! (&IBG Star readings)

SewK8

Hello

I have just got home from having a cgms set up for a week to see what and when my hypos do to my sugars.

It went in really easily and I can't feel it at all which I am pleased about as this is my 2nd step towards a pump.
My DSN gave me a one touch machine to use over the week as apparently the CGM talks to the one touch to connect readings and to calibrate.
The odd thing is, my ibg star is reading 0.9mlmmol higher than the one touch. This could possibly mean the ibg is wrong hence why my weird and sudden hypos!
My DSN said not to worry if the readings don't match, but surely this could explain a lot!

I go back next week to have it removed and to see what my results are.

It's very exciting to be able to have this cgms as I have been type 1 for nearly 30 yrs and things like this were pipe dreams while I was growing up,

Anyway, just wanted to share.

Kat

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: CGMS today! (&IBG Star readings)

Hi Kat,
I'd love to know how you got on with the CGMS.
Did you track down the hypos? Was it comfortable at night?
Hope it solved your problems.
Robert

SewK8

Hello.

It was very easy to sleep with, the nurse put in on my lower back, top of buttock area and stuck it down really well. I only caught it once and worried it would mess up the results, but it was fine.
It picked up the entire week of readings. It took over 1200 tests over that time and showed I was dropping like a stone over night. I have no hypo awareness but it also showed that I go low very quickly for some reason. Maybe poor injection sites could explain that.
My DSN gave me a print out of everything which is quite amazing to look through.
I am going back on it in September to see if the adjustments u have made have helped or not.

If you get the chance to have one for a week, go for it!
Kat

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: CGMS today! (&IBG Star readings)

Very interesting, I would love to try one.
That sounds like a practical site, sleeping wise, I'd been wondering as I always seem to sleep half way onto my front.
I hope the adjustments work out.
Thank you.
Robert