change in medication

chilli

I went back to the hospital today, i am 32 weeks pregnant now. i was on 2 metformin twice a day and then increased it to 4 metformin a day but it didnt agree with me..now i have to take insulatart before i go to bed as well. i have been told to start with 6 units.. but i am so scare to take it after all the talk of having a hypo if it goes too low..is 6 units a low dose? i have read it is long lasting release over 24 hours..im just so scared of having a hypo in the night or something..i took my metformin after dinner and my blood sugar is in range, so what if talking the insulin at bedtime will lower it even more?

C

catherinecherub

Hi Chilli,
I will bump your post up so that someone will answer.

Have no knowledge of these medications so cannot be of any help. :(

Catherine.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Chilli.
You need to tell us what your pre-bedtime reading is......that has more bearing here than your previous post meal readings.

You also should talk to the DSN/GP about your concerns, they may or may not be valid here. You must follow the instructions you are given as that is very important. They know you and your medical history best.

Ken.

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Sure but don't mess the routine up too frequently. and keep the change time far apart from the prior dose.

or it can be classified as "double dosing"