1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Change of brand of metformin

Discussion in 'Metformin/Biguanides' started by louch1, May 29, 2015.

1. louch1

louch1 · Well-Known Member

My local chemist has changed the brand of mediformin SR .Since that time I have spent a lot of time going for a pee and a horrible taste in my mouth.Does anyone else have this issue when they where given different make?

2. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

Is this a permanent change or a one off? Sometimes they can be of stock of a particular brand and they need to give you an alternative to fill your prescription. But do let the pharmacy know about your issues so that they can sort things out.

I had (different) problems when I was changed to a particular alternative brand and our pharmacist changed it for me, and made a note on my records. And she always checks with me now if my regular brand isn't available when I request my repeats.

Robbity

3. PatsyB

PatsyB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

dry mouth in a morning and did wonder what was causing it but think it is deff the metformin..... and yes my chemist has changed mine so will monitor;)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook