changing levemir times

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
Hi all im starting to go to ladies only swimming lessons but only problem is its at 9pm of a night cant get any other times.I always do my levemir around this time and have small snack about 10pm.could anyone advise me if it is ok to still do my levemir just before my swim or leave it till when i get home.i wont be doing exhausting swimming :lol: :lol: just a little exercise.see i usuually have levemir about 8.30 morning and about 8.30 to 9 evening besides my novorapid befor each meal.does anyone know if its ok to leave levemir till about 10.30 on this night?i will be checking my blood sugars anyway like i always do but i dont want to miss these swimming sessions. : :? :?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just take your evening dose after you get back from swimming, if you are concerned at keeping the split doses 12 hours apart then move your morning dose to 10am.

Nigel

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
thanks noblehead do you mean just for that time on that day and back again to original time next .i only started to do levemir at 8-9 because i usually do it with novorapid at same time in morning because i kept forgetting my levemir in morning :? :? so i started to do them together in different parts of body of course but at same time.