Changing Meter Batteries

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my batteries recently went so I put the new ones in but this of course reset my memory. I have Accu Chek Aviva Nanos btw. It made me wonder what would happen if you needed to produce your meter as evidence to the DVLA for instance but had lost all your readings due to a battery change? I only drive cars not HGVs but I guess if you had an accident they would want to look at it? I do record all my readings on my phone on a piece of software called On Track but that is obviously open to abuse if somebody wanted to be dishonest.

Any thoughts or does anybody know how you could stop it erasing the memory when you change the batteries?

Thanks.

Ali

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have that meter and recently changed the battery. It has kept all the records. Sorry, I don't how that happened, but it proves it can be done. Hope you get an answer.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the Accu Chek Mobile. I changed my batteries and kept all the records. I did nothing to cause this. It was automatic. They are all still there from the beginning.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Harrumph!!! Thanks for replying. I did it real quick too but that didn't help.

Ali

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
that is obviously open to abuse if somebody wanted to be dishonest.
And normal meters aren't? Get a 2nd meter, test 30min before every "on the record" test and treat hypos if necessary - you now have a perfect record that shows that you never have any hypos

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Their website says only time and date are retained for the Nano. This meter is 4 years old nearly, I have a new Nano in my handbag. Dunno what to do now! Is it vital the memory is retained?

Ali

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
True Alex! Only a month into basal bolus, not caused a hypo yet.

Ali

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok just checked my meter again and it has restored the memory now so maybe it just doesn't show up immediately but takes a bit to do it. Thanks peeps.

Ali

Reactions: 2 people