check-ups

shellie08

how often do ppl have check-ups?

i go every 3 months and find it a bit of a pain as it only seems like a week b4 another appointment comes through the post!

Michelle

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
It might be a pain ,Shellie but it is important to go for your check ups especially if your control is not good.Every 3 months is about average ,get good control and they may lengthen to time!

Knowledge is the key to control

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Michelle,

The frequency of check ups is related to your BG levels. If your BG is under control then they will only check you every 6 months. If not in good control then they will check you every 2 or 3 months.

Fugs

I go to the diabetic centre at my hospital every 2 to 3 weeks and I'm in regular contact with them by phone and email.
Saying that I only have to go so often because my control is diabolical. I'm waiting for an appointment at Addenbrookes in Cambridge. I hope they have more luck in treating my insulin resistance.
Steroids have a lot to answer to lol

Out of my mind,
Back in 5 minutes

>^..^<

Tinkerbell

Hi

Well I no longer go to a diabetic clinic anymore. My diabetes care is now overlooked by my GP who relies on me to look after myself and gives me a bloodtest form to have my hba1c done every 6 months. As long as its not over 7.3, I will probably never see a consultant again unless I want to change insulin.

I am not too happy with this arrangement but due to PCT cutbacks many diabetics are now faced with this which isnt very good.

:)) Takes one to know one

smillingjimmyc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Frequency and thoroughness of check ups seem to differ throughout the country.I moved to northumberland from milton keynes where I was given the full routine(bloods,diet,feet,eyes etc)every six months at the local hospital now up north I have to contact the local gp for a hba1c and find an optician for an eye test.I was last 'tested' in august last year and it would appear that the responsibility is with the patient to seek help rather than be encouraged to attend a clinic.I would be interested if anyone else in northumberland has a similar experience or is it just my local pct?

matty59

Re:

smillingjimmyc said:
Hi,
Frequency and thoroughness of check ups seem to differ throughout the country.I moved to northumberland from milton keynes where I was given the full routine(bloods,diet,feet,eyes etc)every six months at the local hospital now up north I have to contact the local gp for a hba1c and find an optician for an eye test.I was last 'tested' in august last year and it would appear that the responsibility is with the patient to seek help rather than be encouraged to attend a clinic.I would be interested if anyone else in northumberland has a similar experience or is it just my local pct?
hi jimmy i am just south of you in sunderland and the system is fantastic everything(feet,eyes,bg control) is checked on a regular basis.

matty.