Cholesterol levels

bladerfc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been doing low carb which I'm enjoying but I'm worried will the low carb high fat not push my cholesterol up and also what low carb foods should you avoid thanks guys

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've got the same concerns too. Been doing LCHF for 2 months and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that when I go back to GP in a month that my cholesterol hasn't gone up; it was already too high, with not great ratios. Hoping the 1 stone weight loss and low carbs will have helped.

bladerfc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've lost a stone as well but I wasn't really overweight I've been eating cheese and so on hopefully someone will put my mind at ease my cholesterol wasn't a problem on my last blood test my only blip was my hba1c of 43 which I'm confident will be back into normal but don't want to raise my cholesterol doing it ha ha

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The only way to find out is to ask for a full cholesterol test 3 months after starting low carb.

I would advise that you do not mention the low carb as the reason for wanting cholesterol tests...

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.