Cholesterol

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I wasn`t sure where to post this so please feel free to move it. I have just started reading a book called the great cholesterol con by Dr Malcolm Kendrick, admittedly this is quite an old book now but he seems to make a pretty good job of demolishing the whole idea of cholesterol having anything to do with heart disease. I have to say that I found this quite interesting because it goes against everything we have been told..... but then so does lchf and I have had great success with that. I am sure that lots of people on here will have read this book but for anyone interested, if you have a kindle it is available for 99p. The next time my GP mentions statins I intend to refer him to this book as Dr Kendrick shows some startling correlations between overall mortality rates and low cholesterol, as if cholesterol, especially as we get older, maybe affords us some protection from other things? I have not finished the book yet and I freely admit a lot of it is over my head, but I know there are a lot of learned people on this forum and if any of you have read this book and hold any firm opinions on the subject I would love to hear them! Thanks for reading, Chris.

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Thanks! I didn't know it was in Kindle. I have couple of other books, written by different authors that are talking about exactly same things. I was looking at the issue couple of years back when I had my issues with statins.
I admit that what I've read so far against the usual stuff about cholesterol, makes more sense to me than the 'norm'. But I'm not going to convince doctor about it...I just don't have enough energy to it so I just firmly carry on saying 'no thank you' for statins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, I wasn`t sure where to post this so please feel free to move it. I have just started reading a book called the great cholesterol con by Dr Malcolm Kendrick, admittedly this is quite an old book now but he seems to make a pretty good job of demolishing the whole idea of cholesterol having anything to do with heart disease. I have to say that I found this quite interesting because it goes against everything we have been told..... but then so does lchf and I have had great success with that. I am sure that lots of people on here will have read this book but for anyone interested, if you have a kindle it is available for 99p. The next time my GP mentions statins I intend to refer him to this book as Dr Kendrick shows some startling correlations between overall mortality rates and low cholesterol, as if cholesterol, especially as we get older, maybe affords us some protection from other things? I have not finished the book yet and I freely admit a lot of it is over my head, but I know there are a lot of learned people on this forum and if any of you have read this book and hold any firm opinions on the subject I would love to hear them! Thanks for reading, Chris.
@chri5 have you watched the videos from Prof Ken Sikaris. They get posted quite regularly and well worth watching.